Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back at it Again!!

Well I am finally over Christmas and New Year and have been away on hols for a week down at Phillip Island and Inverloch in Victoria. Thought it was about time to get back to work. Finally have fixed all the place names on the Close Family Tree, so I am now in the processes of sorting the filing cabinet out and re-organising all my bits of paper and certificates into folders that will be easy to find.

Particularly working on the Kimber and Simcock families today. I had collected Inquests on several deaths of these families years ago. A good place to get some extra information now is via Newspapers online. I found and fixed some interesting information on my inquests for Timothy Simcock, Arthur Foster Kimber and William David Simcock in the Melbourne Argus.


I also found it useful to do a search for Wills and Probates that have been digitised that are now available at the Victorian Public Records Office.
If you are a member of the GSV (Genealogical Society of Victoria), of which I am, it is a good idea to have a look at the members section. They have a database that you can search of online resources. I was able to find a number of the Kimbers and Simcocks mentioned in Hospital records such as Ballarat and Fairfield Infectious Diseases Hospital (they have images of these) and a number of other miscellaneous records. Anyway it's worth utilising it if you are a member and I should do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment